March into the archives : YouTube - 3



This video was one of the TV Production assignments completed in first semester and one of the few times when I convinced the group I was assigned to work with to develop an idea.

I'd heard there was a shortage of doctors available to undertake forensic examinations of victims of sexual assault in Wagga. In fact, only one semi-retired doctor was taking calls for this important service. As a result, victims would have to travel for an hour or more to hospitals in neighbouring towns. This was in 2006, hopefully things have improved.

It was a story that I thought deserved more attention. I'm not sure that it works as journalism and the assignment only got a credit, I think. Looking back I can see what I was trying to do and the tone isn't so bad considering the subject matter.